I have a simple but the best recipe to add to your summer grill!! – Pineapple with cinnamon sugar…
Recently Jeppe and I were in a restaurant where they served this amazing grilled pineapple. Only the difference is that the cinnamon sugar was sprinkled after.
But for this recipe, I marinated the pineapple before and guess what!! When the sugar caramelized on the grill, it took it to the whole another level! And also it’s easy to add it before. So, I am all in for team “sprinkle before”…
I found the perfect ratio for the cinnamon powder and sugar…The magic ratio is 1:5 and a pinch of salt. I tried with brown granulated sugar but I believe it should work well with white sugar as well.
PS: Jeppe came up with a wonderful idea of serving it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Surprise! Surprise! It was delicious 😀 We refrigerated the leftovers and It was so good also the next day!
Pineapple with Cinnamon Sugar on the grill
- 6 Slices Pineapple Cut in vertical 1 inch thick wedges
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 10 tbsp Brown granulated sugar Approx 1¼dl cup
- very tiny pinch of salt
- wooden/stainless steel skewers (Optional)
- In a bowl, combine Cinamon powder, Sugar and Salt and give it a good stir.
- Meanwhile, already make the grill ready and then start to marinate the pineapple.
- Take a tray or a plate, Spread 3-4 spoons of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on to the plate. Roll the pineapple slices one by one over the mixture until it is well coated. Add more mixture to the plate as needed.
- Thread pineapple onto the skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes, so they don't catch on fire.)
- Heat the grill over medium heat (between 200-250° C), place the skewers and grill for about 8 mins turning it gently or Look closer for stripes and then it's done!